JOHN GILLIGAN - DIRECTOR OF GROUP & PRIVATE EVENTS
Chicago (North Shore), IL
As a graduate of Notre Dame University and former social worker, John’s career in the restaurant industry may not have been what he expected. But after starting Gertrude’s with John Shields and working as general manager, he has come to truly enjoy the business. John now directs all of the guest events, menus, and experiences.
- 1. What was your favorite food as a child? Spaghetti
- 2. What was your college major? Started pre-med, then chemical engineering, and finally settled on psychology
- 3. What is your hidden talent? I can move both of my ears without touching them
- 4. What is your food guilty pleasure? Anything Ben & Jerry’s chocolate
- 5. Who is your celebrity look-a-like? Ted Danson, but I’m much better looking